Petit Paris

Tuesday 19 February 2013

I'm still catching up from being away in London, so I thought I'd show you a few of the things I love about living in Paris:

No where does wrought iron balconies quite like Paris, and the windows wouldn't be French without shutters. We have them on all the windows of our flat, but they're not quite as beautiful as the ones below.

I live 10 minutes south of Sacre-Coeur and every time I walk up our street I see it perched on the hill surveying its city. At the top you have the most amazing view of Paris' rooftops.

Cafe culture is big in Paris. They don't have pubs like in London, so everyone sits out front on round tables and wicker chairs watching the world go by. The only unfortunate thing is that the French are not experts in coffee-making (despite being experts in every other culinary aspect) so if you do go to one of the traditional cafes I'd advise you against ordering a coffee (go for chocolat chaud), especially a cappuccino - you'll get a tiny cup of weak coffee with a mountain of froth on top. My advice is go to one of these that I wrote about earlier - the Aussies are slowly sneaking in and changing how Paris serves coffee, just like they did in London. Here's a great article in the FT about the burgeoning coffee trend.

What do you like about Paris?

Image credits [here]

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground